Coincall offers 13 types of options contracts with different expiration dates, including current day, next day, third day, current week, next week, third week, current month, next month, third month, quarterly, next quarter, third quarter, and fourth quarter.
The details are as follows.
|Expiration Date||Time to Expiration||Exercise Settlement Time (UTC)|
|current day||24h||current day 08:00|
|next day||48h||tomorrow 08:00|
|third day||72h||the day after tomorrow at 08:00|
|current week||7+1 day||this Friday 08:00|
|next week||14+1 day||next Friday 08:00|
|third week||21+1 day||the third Friday at 08:00|
|current month||1 month+ 1 day||the last Friday of the month at 08:00|
|next month||2 month+ 1 day||last Friday of the next month at 08:00|
|third month||3 month+ 1 day||last Friday of the third month at 08:00|
|quarterly||3 month+ 1 day||Last Friday of this quarter at 08:00|
|next quarter||6 month+ 1 day||Last Friday of the next quarter at 08:00|
|third quarter||9 month+ 1 day||Last Friday of the third quarter at 08:00|
|12 month+ 1 day||Last Friday of the fourth quarter at 08:00|
- At most, there are 12 options available for trading (one less than the number of types), including three daily options, three weekly options, two monthly options, and four quarterly options. There must be one monthly option and one quarterly option overlapping.
- When there is an overlap in expiration dates, the number of options may decrease. For example, if today is Thursday, the next day will overlap with the current week. If this month is August, the next month will overlap with the quarter.
- The actual trading time for daily options is 48 hours, and for weekly options, it is 21+1 days. The actual trading time for monthly options is 3 months+ 1 day, and for quarterly options, it is 12 months+1 day.
Expiration Date launch Rules
- When the index option is first launched, all expiration dates are generated at once, and overlapping dates are excluded.
- Because expiration dates are constantly expiring, daily additions and supplements are needed:
- The trading time for newly added expiration date options is 08:01 (UTC).
- Only the third-day option, third-week option, third-month option, and fourth-quarterly option are generated because options with longer maturities will automatically convert to options with shorter maturities as the expiration date approaches. For example, the next day will convert to the current day, the next week will convert to the current week, the current month will convert to the next week, the next month will convert to the current month, the quarter will convert to the next month, and the next quarter will convert to the quarter.
- When there is no overlap in expiration dates, the third date option is generated every day, the third-week option is generated every Thursday, the third monthly option is generated on the last Thursday of each month, and the fourth quarterly option is generated on the last Thursday of each quarter.
- When there is an overlap in expiration dates, existing options will be valid for multiple expiration date options at the same time, and new contracts will not be generated. For example, a new next-day option will not be generated on Wednesday, because the current week option is the next date option.
Note: After exercise at UTC 8:00, the current day becomes today.
New expiration dates are added to the platform to bring online call options with a Delta range of 0.05 to 0.95 and put options with a Delta range of -0.95 to -0.05. The platform will also ensure that at least one flat option and at least three real options and virtual options are available for trading. The platform will ensure that the interval of adjacent strike prices is reasonable and that new strike prices will come online to guarantee trading when market conditions change.